Monday, May 25, 2009

Jews for Jesus

Dear Brothers and Sisters,
By the time that you read this our Friday will have been completed. Tomorrow (Saturday) is a full day of campaign since we took Thursday off. Saturday is a good day of evangelism here in Israel since everyone is out and about. Pray that people would be open to talking about Y’shua on their day of rest.
Today (Friday), an article about us came out in the newspaper. It was pretty one-sided toward the opposition, and unfortunately they edited the gospel out of the interview they did with me. We know that God can turn anything around. Therefore, please pray that through this article people will be drawn to Jesus even though it is clear that the paper’s intention was to cast us in a negative light.
We have less than a week of campaign left. Please continue to pray for us, salvation for the people that we meet and for the opposition as well.
God bless you,
Dan Sered
Israel Branch Director

Prayer needs:
  • salvation for the people that we meet and speak to

  • salvation for those who oppose the gospel

  • health for our campaigners and stewards; some aren’t feeling well

  • continued strength, wisdom and protection for our team

  • continued wisdom from above for those leading this campaign

  • for the follow-up team to be able to schedule many one-on-one visits with all of the contacts we have received

  • for God to use the bad article that was written about us for His honor and glory

  • for people to notice the thousands of stickers we will be putting up and to call or go to our website to receive more information about Y’shua
Stories:
Gary: 
We just came back from follow-up with Elizabeth. We walked into a home where there was a grandmother, and someone had given her a tract. She called the number on the back and spoke with Miriam and this grandmother came to faith.  As a result, this broadside brought the whole family to faith. They had no idea that there were other congregations in the area; I was speaking to the younger members of the family in Hebrew and Elizabeth to the older ones in Russian.  They would have been lost had they not received that broadside.
Igor: 
I was making calls and was upset that many people I called were Hebrew-speaking and not Russian speakers, and they were saying they were not interested. Finally I phoned a person who was interested in knowing more about Y’shua. He’s lived here for eight years and was from Odessa. Now he’s retired. He wanted to receive a New Testament.
Elizabeth:  
On the telephone someone prayed with me to receive the Lord.  She was born on the same day as Lenin. She was 15 when she said she was seeking for God in the Catholic Church, Muslim Mosque or anywhere. She said she loved Jesus. She was a doctor for 50 years and then served as a volunteer. I told her that if you love Jesus you must invite him into your life. The woman said, “What do you mean? I have Him always with me,” and Elizabeth explained that she must open her heart.  She said yes and accepted the LORD.
Una:  
I asked the LORD for not just a contact but to bring someone I could lead to faith. I heard from God that if I fasted and prayed, then on the third day God would reveal it. So today was my third day of fasting and I was on a sortie and saw some men from Africa and I (being from Africa) asked them if they’d heard of Y’shua. One was a Muslim.  I told them they had to follow the plan of the LORD and explained the gospel. They said that I had come to them as a gift from God for they were searching for Him.  They had a Coke to drink and they offered to it to me and I knew that God wanted me to break the fast with them. Sitting there with the Coke together they both accepted Jesus and I led them in a prayer.
Casey: 
I was at the mall with Aaron and he approached a woman speaking Russian and I was trying to translate.  But she spoke Hebrew and so I wandered away and went near the bus stop and saw a lady reading our broadside.  So I asked if she was looking for the Messiah and she said she was really looking to be healthy. So I explained how Jesus came to heal her from her sin and she agreed to pray.  Afterwards she hugged me and said that her daughter or sister is also a believer and I know that I was there just to catch the fruit… Lena is her name.
Yarden:  
I was calling and was rejected a lot. Then I dialed the last number of the night and was expecting a no but I offered her a free New Testament anyway and the voice said, “New Testament?…what do you mean?” and I shared the gospel. He said he was religious (Orthodox Jewish) so I started telling him the prophecies from Daniel. He said, “How do you know it’s Y’shua?” And I told him because He fulfilled the Old Testament prophecies.  He said he had never read it in the Law of Moses and I began to tell him stories. And he asked how I knew this, and I said that God sent me to tell him all these stories.   He was calm and humble as I shared with him.  I asked him if he knew who I was talking about and he said, “Yeshu… the one who was crucified.”  He was saying we need to do good deeds and such, so I asked him about where our Temple is and how to get forgiveness of sin.!   When I needed to go he said, “Please take my number and call me.” I said that my husband would call him again and he was pleased. Amit is his name.
Elizabeth:  
I was supposed to visit two people at one address today, but one of them had moved to another place. Her neighbor said she would send the book to her new address and invited me in.  I was sharing about Jesus in her language, so she gave us the address and I went to visit the other man.   He is a believer and goes to church. He said that it’s enough that I pray and read the Bible.  The woman took two books and I talked with Avi and then visited Natasha.  Rosa, the daughter, was also looking on and will read the book.
Bimini:  
At the old bus station we faced more opposition twice and there were Israeli believers who were praying for us the whole time. God had planted people to pray for us.  We were praying as a team for making phone calls and the woman that Tzachi was talking to was open to hear the truth and then Tracy got three calls of interested people and in the end we got four contacts.
Meir:  
I was calling and praying for contacts. And I spoke to a man who was open and asked many questions. He had post traumatic stress disorder and asked if Jesus could make him better. I told him yes so he asked me three times to send him the book and also the movie about Jesus’ life.  He also asked me to call him and tell him about Jesus. His name is Igor.

Wednesday stories:

Rahel:  
Before the placards were torn, there was an Orthodox lady who was close to us and wanted to see the number on the placards. I ran quickly to talk to her. She was in a hurry as the bus was about to leave, but she took the tract and took my name to call us. Even though she ran quickly she still missed the bus. When I got to her, there were five people at the bus stop and one lady began yelling at me to get out of there. It turned out the woman yelling was the sister of the interested woman. I began praying as I knew that she wouldn’t give a number if her sister was there.  The sister began blessing all the people in the bus terminal and was praying that the bus would come. I was praying for an opening to talk to Shoshana (the interested sister). I began to think that it wasn’t going to happen.  As I decided to leave I prayed for her out loud that her bus would come soon, and it came right away. Hopefully that got their attent! ion.

Stephen: 
Oded and I went to the municipal building in Nes Tziona to get our banner after it had been confiscated by the officials the day before. It took a long time to get through the bureaucracy, but we finally got the banner back and in the meantime we got to build a rapport with the official.   While we were talking to him, another man came in, who is engaged to marry a religious woman and with a smile the official said, “This is a serious client for you.”  He wouldn’t take literature because of his fiancĂ©.  Still, it was nice to get to do that while getting back the banner.  And I told the original official, “For all your help to us we brought you a gift,” and he took a free Gospel of Matthew.

Sergio:  
We were holding placards and it was interesting because we hadn’t done this before. Rahel just left for a break (the sun was hot) and I was talking to Morgan and saying that this was more boring than with the banner because we can’t do much dancing or anything. Fifteen minutes later a guy came around and I thought he looked suspicious and I warned Morgan to set her camera to video.  The man came (she taped it all) and quickly grabbed the placards. I began to blow my whistle, and then they all began to shout “Y’shua is the Messiah!”  I tried to get in the middle between the man and our women. An army truck came and Morgan thought they were coming to protect us, but they just helped rip the placards up.  Morgan began shouting to them as well. As soon as I told Morgan to photograph their license plate number, they left.  Then a third man pulled up in his car screaming “I’m going to kill ! you!” and I said, “Kill me now!” but he didn’t do anything.  The army men were getting concerned now and the bus came and they went inside the bus. Nothing happened.  Then another man came and he began to follow us, so we called Oded and he said to go directly to the police, which we did.  

Yarden:  
Today at Golden Mall there was a crazy woman there who came to me complaining about the missionaries.  She got about 8-10 people around me and tried to get my tracts. She was getting angrier and I told her not to touch me and that I would take a photo of her, which I did, though she was getting very mad.   I began to preach.  After the incident two young guys followed me and were asking about Jesus and one took a New Testament.  I opened it and showed him some prophecies.

Elizabeth:  
I visited 5-6 people and they already had received the Y’shua book we sent.  I had a second visit with one woman and her 91-year old husband prayed to receive Jesus!!!  While looking for the address of the 83-year old man, a soldier came out of the building and I asked if he spoke Russian. He didn’t, but another man come out and said to me, “Are you married? I am looking for a wife.”   And today he prayed to receive Jesus.

No comments: