Tuesday, August 26, 2008

From Marsha Relyea Miles--Pioneer Bible Translators

August 2008


Dear family and friends,


Five Aruamu men were intensely focused, working with me in Madang, Papua New Guinea on checking the book of Daniel. At one coffee break time as we neared the end of the book, the Aruamus were chatting about the book. One of them, named Petchie, said, “I really like this book.” I asked, “Why, Petchie? What do you like about the book of Daniel?”


He said, “I like a lot of things about the book of Daniel. I like the Lion Story. And I really like knowing about the times when God takes care of people and protects people, like when he protected the 3 Jewish men when the King threw them in the big fire.”


Then Siria said, “I like story about the King’s big feast when a hand just appeared and started writing up on the wall of the house with a message from God.”


Then Simon said, “I like reading about all of Daniel’s dreams and visions.”


Then Steven Dazim said, “When I read Daniel, I keep thinking like this: our God is the God who will truly do what he says he will do. This makes me want to shout and lift up his name!”


Praise the Lord with us that our team to complete the exegetical checking of the books of Daniel and Esther in July. How wonderful that these important Biblical books will be available to the Aruamus in the future!


I was part of a Pioneer Bible Translators team participating in the World Convention in Nashville earlier this month. I had the opportunity to present 2 workshops on Bible translation ministry. We praise the Lord for good times spent connecting with many other folks from around the world from Church of Christ, Christian Church, and Disciples of Christ backgrounds.


Thank you so much for your prayers and partnership this last month. At this point Nathan and I are back in Dallas. Nathan is preparing to lead a seminar for the United Bible Society in Stuttgart, Germany in September. Bobby is starting his senior year at Duncanville High School. Brigette is starting her senior year at Ozark Christian College. Heather and Philip are in their second year of Medical College.


I am working with my PBT teammates preparing for Fall missions events. One major event coming soon is PBT’s Fall Banquet and Rally, to be held at Valley View Christian Church on October 30, 2008. If you live in the Dallas area, I hope you will attend! If not, please cover this event in prayer. The theme for the evening will be “Loving the Least!” Speakers will be Greg Pruett and Max Lucado. It will be “an evening devoted to the Bible-less peoples of the world!”


Blessings,

Marsha Miles

(for Nathan and our whole clan)

(To donate to this ministry, checks may be made out to Pioneer Bible Translators, P.O. Box 420335, Atlanta, GA 30342-0335)


______________________________
_________________
The newsletter for Marsha Relyea Miles.
A communication from Pioneer Bible Translators, Inc. Phone: 972-708-7460

No comments: